Sunday, May 27, 2012

The 1st Generation: Meet Kiah.

Hello! I'm Kiah, Kiah Laehren, nice to meet you. I'm 20 years old, and I've just made a fresh start here in Riverview. Let's see... I'm an Aquarius, I like cats, and I'm an aspiring fashion phenom and stylist.

My parents were Johann Laehren and Thema Wekesa, and they were German and African. When I was born, both my parents were very pleased, as I was born looking very much like my mother, but with my father's clear blue eyes. They named me Kiah, which means "start of the season". I would have liked siblings, but I don't have any. My mother said they had planned on having more children eventually, but life got busy, and as soon as they were ready to give me a brother or sister, my father was killed.

Sadly, both of my parents have passed away - my father when I was 12, while doing his job as a policeman, and my mother just last year, an unfortunate victim in a drive-by collision. She was driving to work in the rain when a 16-wheeler lost control and struck her car head-on, and she was killed instantly. While it still makes me very sad to think that they are no longer with me, I am glad that they both loved each other and that their deaths were quick so that they did not have to suffer. Still, all the memories of good times that I had with my parents were too painful for me, and so I moved here, to Riverview, in hopes of making a fresh start. My name has never seemed more fitting.

Anyway, welcome to 345 Riverblossom Hills Drive. This is my humble abode. I know it's not much, but the lot is gigantic, and I always did love wide open spaces. I didn't have all that much money after I bought the property, so my home is incredibly tiny right now, but it's enough. I have the essentials - a bed, a refrigerator, and a toilet, and a roof over my head. Hopefully I'll find work soon so that I can start expanding my home and making it really feel like mine.

I really like it here in Riverview, and I have a good feeling that I and my future family will enjoy calling it home for generations to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment